Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let's Play: Icewind Dale 2!

Because every other writing project I undertake goes so well, I have decided to fuse my passion for the written word with my love of video games and write about a video game! Whoopee!

Icewind Dale 2: Blog Border Molestation


(Sorry about the FPS in the corner- I'm too lazy to go back and re-do these images. It doesn't block anything important)

When we begin a new game of Icewind Dale 2, we're given the option of picking from a number of pre-made parties or creating our own entirely from scratch. We are going to be making our own characters of course, but I'm going to go ahead and show off the originals anyway so I have something for this post.

In the actual game, you have to pick a party and everything before you even know what you're heading off to do apart from going on an EPIC ADVENTURE. It makes sense from a gameplay perspective, because then people would probably just skip the intro narration and go straight to character creation, but we don't have to worry about that here.

Photobucket




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(subtle foreshadowing)

So here's where our characters will begin their travels: in the besieged town of Targos. Before we begin, however, let's just take a look at the various pre-made parties. Just for posterity.





No comments:

Post a Comment