Saturday, April 11, 2009

I am a hollow shell of a man

I've got nothing. I started writing some stupid story about David Bowie in space, but it's terrible I think. I'm trying this crazy 'write one paragraph a day' approach, which I think is a really good idea because writing for 8 hours straight and then doing nothing for half a month just makes me feel lousy.

I was thinking of writing a story about this guy who goes to the same church I used to go to named Jim Fogg. I know almost nothing about him, but he's so depressing. He smiles and laughs and everything but it always just makes you feel bad somehow, and then that makes you feel bad because maybe he can tell and you don't want him to think he's depressing you.

I do know that most of his family is dead, and I was thinking about expanding on that. Maybe there was some kind of family business that got them all killed, and Jim was active in it until they all died and then he swore to never have any hand in it again, and then maybe for some reason he has to set everything right or maybe he tries to fix some problem he started back in the biz. I'm not sure but it seems like it has some potential, maybe once I run out of ideas for this stupid David Bowie thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment